Are you ready to discover some tricks to level up your know-how in NetSuite? You’re going to learn here the sorting and inline editing features for journal entries that will definitely save you time.
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
From the NetSuite homepage, you can view the Journal Entry List by going to Transactions > Financial > Make Journal Entries > List.
What you’ll see now is the list of journals showing the various columns that you’ve selected to be shown. You can choose to have more or fewer columns.
To sort the data according to a specific header, just click on the header title.
- If it’s the Date header, it will sort from the oldest to the newest date, and vice versa.
- If it’s the internal ID header, it will sort from low to high, and vice versa.
Journal Inline Editing
This is a NetSuite feature that you’ll surely love. The edit notch pointed by the arrow below is for inline editing. When it’s turned on, you are allowed to do inline editing.
Inline editing gives you these advantages:
- Easily edit various items inline right there and then, like the memo field.
- No need to go back to the original transaction to edit.
- Changes get saved immediately, thus, saving you extra time.
Now, you’ll see that the actual journal entry is also edited.
The inline edit made was “Memo1.” You can see now that it has been applied to transaction without having to go through the navigation bars to make the changes.