#114 | Deferred Revenue Reclassification Activity Report in NetSuite
In this blog tutorial, you will learn about another revenue report. You can use the Deferred Revenue Reclassification Activity report to reconcile the deferred revenue and unbilled receivable balances on the balance sheet from the prior month value to the current month value.
In this guide, the following will be covered:
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
Viewing Deferred Revenue Reclassification Activity Report
Once logged into NetSuite, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Reports → Revenue → Deferred Revenue Reclassification Activity.
- Step 2: Adjust the values for Date, To, and From.
- Step 3: Select a Value in the Subsidiary Context (if using OneWorld account).
- Step 4: Select More to expand the filter and set additional filters.
- Step 5: Click Refresh to apply filters.
The Deferred Revenue Reclassification Activity Report shows a detailed log of all related revenue transactions for a sales order including:
- Billing Transactions
- Revenue Recognition Journal Entries
- Billing Amount Allocation Journal Entries
- Foreign Currency Gain/ Loss Adjustments
- Unbilled Receivable Adjustments
The report includes sales orders with and without revenue commitments, as both types of orders can change the deferred revenue balance.
You can see following columns in this report:
- Line Number
- Transaction Date
- Transaction Type
- Source Transaction Currency
- Deferred Revenue Account
- Deferred Revenue Amount (Tran Curr)
- Deferred Revenue Amount (Base Curr)
- Offsetting Account
- Offsetting Amount (Tran Curr)
- Offsetting Amount (Base Curr)
This report does not support reporting by period even when the Report by Period preference is set to All Reports. The Report by Period preference can be configured at Home > Set Preferences, under the Analytics subtab.
You just learned the steps on how to view the Revenue Recognition Forecast Detail Report in NetSuite if you want to see the amounts of deferred and recognized revenue for revenue arrangements. To recap, you can click on the link below.
Leave a Reply