In the previous blog, you learned how to enter a budget and budget categories. In this tutorial, you will learn the steps for how to enter budget earnings and purchases in NetSuite.
A few of the steps will require you to apply the same amounts for the months, so you need to make sure you select the right buttons.
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
Steps in Entering Budget Earnings and Purchases
- Step 1: Go to Transactions → Financial → Set Up Budgets.
- Step 2: Enter individual values for each month for budget earning.
- Step 3: Check the Apply box and Click on Distribute This will divide the budget equally among 12 months.Be sure to uncheck the apply box after it is distributed.
- Step 4: Input the amount for Budget Purchases.In this example, the amount is 5,000 per month.
- Step 5: In the same account, check Apply and click on Fill button to copy the same amount to all 12 months.Again, make sure to uncheck the apply box after the other months are filled.
When using the apply boxes, clicking Mark All will check all the boxes and clicking Unmark All will uncheck all the boxes.
- Step 6: Once done inputting the amounts, click on Save. A confirmation message at the top of the page will appear.
You just learned how to input budget earnings and purchases in NetSuite. Make sure you don’t miss the step to uncheck the apply box when you’re applying the same amounts to all months.