Budgets provide estimates of income and expense for a certain period. They are the main element you need for financial planning purposes.
In this tutorial, you will learn about the steps of entering a budget in NetSuite. You will also learn about the other fields you will encounter when doing the procedure.
The following topics will be covered:
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
In NetSuite, each budget covers a period of one year and permits the entry of an amount, per account, for each accounting period in the year.
Once you are logged in to the system, here are the steps to follow when entering a budget.
- Step 1: Go to Transactions → Financial → Set Up Budgets.
- Step 2: In the Budget page, choose your preferred Subsidiary.
- Step 3: Choose the Budget Year and Budget Category.
- Step 4: Complete the other fields with the necessary information.
If the Budget Category is not available in the selection, you can add a new one.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Budget page.
- Step 2: In the Budget Category field, select New to add a new category.
In the Account Type field, the following are the two options. Choosing either of them will list all the accounts under that type.
- Income and Expense
- Balance Sheet
You just learned how to enter a budget in NetSuite. To recap the steps, you can click on the link below.