This is Part 1 of the three-part series on creating vendors, editing the vendors, and deleting vendors in NetSuite. In this tutorial, you will learn what information is needed to create a vendor in NetSuite.
This guide will be divided into these topics:
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
Before you memorize a journal entry, you need to create one first. Here are the steps to follow when making one:
- Step 1: Go to Lists → Relationships → Vendors → New.
- Step 2: In Vendor page, under Custom Form, choose Standard Vendor Form from the list.
- Step 3: Enter the details in the necessary fields.
- For this example, we will be using the Standard Vendor Form. Here, the Vendor ID is automatically created through the Auto Check Box.
If you choose to create your own Vendor ID, do the following:
- Uncheck the Auto field.
- Type in the Vendor ID of your choosing.
- Step 4: For Type, choose Company (Standard Vendor Form) or Individual (own Vendor ID).
- Step 5: Enter Company Name and select Category from the dropdown.
- Step 6: Input other information like Email, Phone, Phone, Fax and Address.
- Step 7: Under Classification, select a Subsidiary. Additional Subsidiaries can be added under the SubsidiariesThis feature will allow you to make payments to the vendor through different subsidiaries. All subsidiaries from the list can be added.
- Step 8: Add additional information about each vendor by clicking through the other subtabs.
- Under System Information, you may allow the Vendor access to your NetSuite System and see their information.
- Step 9: Click Save after all information are entered. A confirmation message will appear on top of the page.
Now that you are done creating a vendor, you can also check if it has been created correctly by following these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Lists → Relationships → Vendors.
- Step 2: Check the Vendors list. You should see the latest vendor ID created on top.
You just learned the step-by-step procedure on how to create a vendor and check after creating one.
To recap, you can click on the links below.