In our previous blog, you learned how to create a vendor. For part 2, you will see the step-by-step procedures on how to inactivate and reactivate a vendor, and how to edit vendor information in NetSuite.
This guide will cover the following:
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
Before you memorize a journal entry, you need to create one first. Here are the steps to follow when making one:
- Step 1: Go to the Vendors
- Step 2: Click on the Show Inactives check box.
- Step 3: Under the Inactive column, click on the check box of the chosen vendor.
- Step 4: Click the Submit button.
- Step 5: Uncheck the Show Inactives check box. This will not show the vendor because you can only see the active vendors on the list.
If you want to reactivate a vendor, you need to undo the previous steps.
- Step 1: Check Show Inactives check box.
- Step 2: Uncheck Inactive check box.
- Step 3: Click the Submit button.
- Step 4: Check the Vendors list. You should now see the latest vendor ID created back on top.
Now, let’s go through the steps in editing vendor information.
- Step 1: Click on Edit.
- Step 2: In the Vendor page, change the Custom Form to Standard Vendor Form.
- Step 3: Start editing the Vendor information.
- Step 4: To enter the address, click on the Address subtab, then click Edit.
There are two ways in entering the address:
- Input through the system and it will list the address on the right side, then click OK.
- Edit the address manually by checking Override and do the editing in the box, then click OK.
- Step 5: After you save the Address, make sure to add the Label.
- Step 6: Click on Save after completing your edit. A confirmation message will appear in the top left corner of the page.
You just learned the step-by-step procedure on how to inactivate, reactivate, and edit a vendor in NetSuite.
To recap, you can click on the links below.