Invoices are one of the important documents needed in any sales transaction. With that in mind, anyone who uses NetSuite should know how to correctly create a sales invoice. In this guide, you will learn how to record in invoices each item sold and the step-by-step process for creating a sales invoice.
This guide will have the following sections:
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
When recording sales in invoices, you need to add each item sold from your items list. Each invoice consists of line items and their sales amounts. The sum of all sales amounts on an invoice is equal to the total amount the customer owes.
Next, let’s go to some examples.
- This is a sample invoice reflecting the following amounts:
- The total amount that the customer must pay is $1,299.
- The tax rate is 8.25%, which is equal to $107.17.
- The price of $1,299 plus tax of $107.17 is equal to $1,406.17.
- Another example is the invoice below with a consolidation of two invoices.
- The total balance the customer should pay is $1,524.16.
- This amount is the sum of the two invoices with dates October 1, 2016 and November 16, 2016.
Sample Sale for Sales Invoice Creation
The steps demonstrated in the next section will be based on the following customer details:
Step-by-step process for creating a Sales Invoice
- Step 1: Create Invoices Menu.
- To start, go to Transactions → Sales → Create Invoices.
- Step 2: In the Customer field, choose Apple.
- Step 3: Enter the Invoice Number.
- Step 4: Select Payment Terms.
As shown below, we will choose Net 30.
- Step 5: Add the Details. Click List.
- Step 6: Choose the Product Sold.
For this example, the product is Merlin 4412D.
- Step 7: Click on Quantity and Set Number.
To refer from the sample, we will put here 100.
- Step 8: Choose Location and click Add.
- Step 9: Take Note of the amount and click Save.
- Step 10: Check Invoice.
- After clicking save, a confirmation will show if the transaction has been successfully saved and will show the details of the invoice that was created.
- Check if the details are complete and correct.
You just learned the step by step process of creating a sales invoice. To quickly go back to the main sections of this tutorial, click on the links below.