#71 | 4 Ways to Customize NetSuite Income Statement Reports
Sometimes, it can be dreadful to view and analyze income statements. When it gets complicated, you can rely on filters to customize these reports to show up the data you need.
Here, you’ll learn what a NetSuite income statement report looks like and how to use filters for report customization.
- Standard Income Statement Report
- Filtering by Date
- Filtering by Subsidiary
- Filtering by Department
- Filtering by Columns
- Customized Income Statement Reports
I suggest you watch the video. It’s easier to understand if you are a visual/audio learner. The content below is the same as the video. It’s for those who learn by reading.
Standard Income Statement Report
You can see below what a standard income statement report looks like.
At the bottom of this standard report, you can see the Refresh button and Customize button. This section allows you to filter and customize reports. Every time you create a filter, always hit the Refresh button to view the updated data.
Filtering by Date
To apply this filter, follow these steps:
- Select the Customize button
- Customize the dates that you want by selecting the “from” and the “to” of preferred period or date
- Select the Refresh button, so that your data shows the current period or the period that you are interested in.
Filtering by Subsidiary
This filter can get a little tricky at first, but it will help you a lot once you familiarize yourself with the parent and subsidiaries.
Here are some guidelines while applying this filter:
- If a parent (Consolidated) is selected, everything under this will be included in the report.
- To view only the transactions of the parent without the children, choose the unconsolidated parent subsidiary.
- If only one sub or child is selected, it will not include the rest of the subsidiaries nor the parent and will just show the data for that particular subsidiary.
Filtering by Department
Another customization is filtering by department, as shown below.
Some quick guidelines for this filter are:
- You can choose individually from the options provided or select All.
- To select more than 1 department, click on the first selection + hold CTRL + click on second selection.
Filtering by Class, Customer, and Items
To further narrow down your report, this customization is helpful.
Here are some tips when doing your selections:
- Selecting multiple functions that are separated: click on the first selection, hold down CTRL plus the next selection, and then hold the CTRL button again for the next selection.
- Selecting multiple functions that are grouped together: select the first item at the top, hold the Shift button, and click on the last item.
- To show records for everything, select the All button at the bottom.
Filtering by Columns
The columns in your report can also be customized. You can find this at the lower right of the report.
Similar to the other filters, just follow these two-step process:
- Click on the selections for the columns you want to be shown.
- Once selection is done, click on Refresh button to see the new data.
Customized Income Statement Reports
Here’s an example of a customized income statement after going through all of the filter selections.
Here’s a second example. In this case, under accounting period, monthly was selected from January to December; thus, it shows the sales every month from January to December.
Remember to hit the Refresh button after applying any of the filters you just learned. This is one of the most confusion users experience when customizing reports, so keep it in mind! Quickly go back to the filters by clicking below.
Leave a Reply